澳门六合彩开奖直播 is participating in the federally-funded Title I Targeted Assistance Program (TAP). This program provides financial resources for supplemental academic programming in order to ensure that all of our students meet the State’s challenging content and performance standards. (More information about Title I can be found on the .)
Based on a thorough review of multiple types of data, the 澳门六合彩开奖直播 (WPS) determined that our Title I TAPs for SY23-24 would focus on reading growth and achievement. To that end, students identified as needing additional support in reading may be receiving one or more of the following academic interventions from our elementary literacy specialist:
- one on one academic support
- small group support focused on:
- foundational skill building
- general literacy curriculum support
- general classroom support (in classroom during literacy block)
Title I Engagement
The Title I grant provides financial assistance to districts and schools with high percentages of children from low-income families to help ensure that all children meet challenging state academic standards. The priorities of Title I are to:
- Strengthen the core program in schools and provide academic and/or support services to low-achieving students at the preschool, elementary, middle, and high school levels;
- Provide evidence-based programs that enable participating students to achieve the learning standards of the state curriculum frameworks;
- Elevate the quality of instruction by providing eligible staff with substantial opportunities for professional development; and,
- Involve parents/guardians of participating public and private school children as active partners in their children’s education at school through open, meaningful communication, training, and, as appropriate, inclusion in decision-making processes.
The Every Student Succeeds Act of 2015 (ESSA) requires schools receiving federal Title I funding to notify parents of their right to know the professional qualifications of the classroom teachers who instruct their child. The 澳门六合彩开奖直播 will provide parents with this information in a timely manner if requested. Specifically, parents have the right to request the following information about their child’s classroom teachers:
- Whether the teacher meets the state qualifications and licensing criteria for the grades and subjects he or she teaches.
- Whether the teacher is teaching under emergency or provisional status because of special circumstances.
- The teacher’s college major, whether the teacher has any advanced degrees, and the field of discipline of the certification or degree.
- Whether paraprofessionals provide services to your child and, if so, their qualifications.
If parents would like to receive any of the information listed above for your child’s teacher or paraprofessional, please contact your school’s principal.
Title I Parent Involvement Policy:
The 澳门六合彩开奖直播 is committed to and encourages parent/guardian involvement in both their children’s academic achievement and in school improvement efforts. Written parental involvement policies are distributed to parents whose children are supported by Title I funds. Additionally, the administration, staff and parents at Title I schools believe that the improved academic achievement of each student is a responsibility shared by the entire school community to ensure student success.
In schools receiving Title I funds, opportunities will be offered for parents to:
- Volunteer and be involved in school activities.
- Attend parent education events.
- Provide home support for their child’s education.
- Participate in school decision-making.
- Effectively communicate between the school and parents.
Title I schools will:
- Involve parents in an organized, ongoing and timely way in the planning, review, and improvement of Title programs, plans, and policies through the School Council.
- Provide opportunities for the participation of parents with limited English proficiency, parents with disabilities, and parents of migratory children, by providing translated information and school reports.
- Host an annual meeting during Back-to-School night each year to inform parents of the schools’ participation in Title I, the requirement of Title I and the rights of parents to be involved.
- Encourage parents to attend the meeting and other school events through notices sent home with students, monthly newsletters, and via the district and school web pages.?